The Joint Programme “Democratic and Inclusive School Culture in Operation (DISCO)” was launched in May 2013 under the name "Human Rights and Democracy in Action" by the Council of Europe and the European Commission. It provides funding to enable at least three States party to the European Cultural Convention to cooperate on projects of common interest within the field of education for democratic citizenship and human rights education (EDC/HRE). At least one of the states should be a member of the European Union.
This information leaflet aims to provide a glimpse of the projects implemented during the 5th cycle (2018-2019) of the DISCO Programme.
INTRODUCTION DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION
1. Digital Resistance – multi-partner project
2. School practices for democratic culture in the digital era – micro-project
3. Education for democracy through digital tools and NFE (non-formal education) – micro-project
BUILDING DEMOCRATIC AND INCLUSIVE SCHOOL CULTURE BY EMBEDDING THE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT IN THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
4. coLAB – a laboratory for new forms of collaboration – multi-partner project
5. Safe and inclusive schools for all: together we can learn better – micro-project
6. Digital teaching technologies as scaffolding tools in inclusive education – micro-project
MANAGING CONTROVERSIAL ISSUES
7. M.I.C.R.ON! Managing issues of controversy by human rights educatiON – micro-project
8. Managing controversy: evaluating the impact of a whole school approach – micro-project
9. Learning how to handle controversial issues in schools and other education settings: a good practice guide – micro-project