Young people building Europe (2013)
For 40 years, the Council of Europe and young people have been working together to build a better, safer and more united world.
We are pioneers in the field of youth policy and the only organisation in the world which gives both youth leaders and government officials an equal say when deciding on youth policies, priorities and programmes. This unique power-sharing system (known as “co-management”) demonstrates our support for active youth participation.
We want to see effective youth policies throughout Europe, responding to young people’s needs and concerns.
We help young people to:
- Access their human rights,
- Be treated with dignity and respect,
- Realise their potential,
- Have adequate learning opportunities,
- Cope with today’s challenges,
- defend human rights, democracy and the rule of law.