PDF - Access for People with Disabilities to Culture, Tourism,Sports and Leisure Activities (2015)
The present report addresses the access of people with disabilities to cultural rights – one of the essential aspects of life. Despite the achievements and progress made in many member states, it is apparent that a lot remains to be done for a truly equal and meaningful participation of people with disabilities in culture, sports, tourism and leisure activities.
This publication aims to take stock of the current situation and legal background and suggest actions for targeted improvements, to tackle discrimination and build fair and inclusive societies.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. INTRODUCTION: UNIVERSAL LEGAL FRAMEWORK
2. RELEVANT PROVISIONS OF THE CONVENTION ON THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
3. COUNCIL OF EUROPE INSTRUMENTS AND DOCUMENTS
4. EXAMPLES OF GOOD PRACTICE
5. CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS